måndag 6 juli 2015

Fences and troops

Latest additions are one set of Renedra wattle fence and one set of US troops from Mantic Games Mars Attacks.



I am not super-happy with either. I botched the paint job on the fence and then had to try to fix it. Not great, but it will do. The troops are a true speed-paint that I had to get ready for game night. I will fix the bases once I have decided on a good look for all bases in the game and I will paint the bricks/cinder blocks that are under the sand bags the SAW gunners are using, but this will do, for now.


The set-up for games night after hours at the office. Sadly, we got so distracted by our X-Wing game that we never got around to playing Mars Attacks. Ah well, next time perhaps.

11 kommentarer:

  1. Ah, good! I didn't miss a game of Mars Attacks then :-)
    Hope the X-wing game was great

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Fun enough that I came close to missing the last train home, that's how fun it was. We have to get more X-Wing games in, it is brilliant.

      Radera
    2. Maybe we should run smaller combats. I will try to think of that next time so we don't run out of time.

      Radera
    3. The size was good, the problem was that we spent too much time asking, pondering and looking up rules. Next time will be a lot faster.

      Radera
  2. Yeah, sorry for distracting you. :-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It was an enjoyable distraction for sure.

      Radera
  3. I must get some of that wattle fencing, looks good to me.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I shall direct you to Laffes blog for a nice review and a far superior paint job:
      http://figurfanatikern.blogspot.se/2012/11/the-noble-art-of-fencing.html

      But yes, they work fine. I'll get some more and do a pig pen for the boars I got from Warbases.

      Radera
    2. I will add that you get a sprue (six sections) in the Dark Age cottage too.

      Radera
  4. Looking good for a speed-paint. I am myself more into the woodland camo but maybe this is not allowed in this game!? Mars attacks seems like a fun game to play.Looking forward seeing the bases ready.Hoppas solen skiner i norr! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I made an attempt at city camo, the woodland pattern but in grey, white and black, but that came out looking like crap.
      I intend to get a bunch of Spectre Miniatures figures and paint them in m/90 to represent Särskilda Operationsgruppen.

      Radera